This policy applies to your access to and use of the Sonera website available at www.sonera.io (the “Site”) provided by Sonera (“Sonera”, or “we”).
This policy applies to information we collect:
• Through our Site;
• In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Sonera;
• Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the internet, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site; and
• When you interact with our advertisements and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertisements include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
• Use offline or a different means (including on any other website) operated by the Company or any third party; or
• Any third-party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site, or on/or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at: email@example.com.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
• By which you may be personally identified; such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
• That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
• About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us;
• Automatically as you navigate through the service, (Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.); and
• From third-parties; for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on/or through our Site may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, (This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our Site, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site.);
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us;
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of agreements you enter into through our Site, and of the fulfillment of your agreements. You may be required to provide financial information before entering into an agreement through our Site. To engage in certain transactions, you may need to provide us, or our third-party payment processors, with your payment information and allow us to connect to your bank account by providing us with your banking details. We will never ask you for your personal access information. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our services or access your bank account, but we may receive the information from our third-party payment processing providers, associated with your payment card information.
• Your search queries on the Site.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, (browsing actions and patterns), including:
• Details of your interactions with our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
• Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third-parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
• Store information about your preferences, (allowing us to customize our application according to your individual interests);
• Speed up your searches;
• Recognize you for later uses of our Site;
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use locally stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences, and navigation to, from, and/on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same computer or mobile device settings, as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
• We do not control these third-parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
• To present our Site and its contents to you;
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices;
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
• To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
• For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on/or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Sonera’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Sonera about our Users is among the assets transferred;
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sonera, our Users, or others. (This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.)
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third-parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [INSERT EMAIL].
• Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third-parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to [INSERT EMAIL]. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
• Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third-parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third-parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from users of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website: (https://www.thenai.org/). You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa.
California’s “shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. You can exercise this right by contacting us as set forth in “Contact Us” below with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the Site is located on computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Site or your submission of any Personal Information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of your home country, (including the United States), which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in our Site.